Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Baby Showers!

So my little bundle of joy, we got to experience two baby showers in the same week. ( The "surprise" baby shower was the Saturday.) The first baby shower was thrown by two coworkers at the school I work at (and which I subbed for last year when they had their babies!) It was really fun, and quick. It needed to be quick due to the weather and road conditions. See, the first baby shower's weather was like low 20's with sleet/snow. So I showed up, sat down, opened presents, hugged people, and ate some cake. We all understood, and it turned out amazingly. Soooo, i'll just let you look through some pictures will some blurbs written here and there. 


Feeling how low you are. 

The cucumber water was really refreshing :)

Our loot!

L-R: Tiffany, Allie, Kathy, Laura

Amanda and Me

Chit Chatting


Kathy and Kalie

L-R: Melinda, Sandy, Jen, Lani

The two ladies who through it together! Amanda and Kalie!

Marcia and Kathy

This blanket was made by Char. Adorable!

Me explaining why we registered for the Pixar bibs. Read previous blog about said bib.

Looking at cute onsies.

BAM!

D'Awwww!

You're first book! A pop up one too!
Diaper Cake!
and a cute stroller made from diapers and bibs!


 Round 2!

Sooo, your dad was out of town and it was his job to get me over to the "surprise" baby shower. So the ladies (Magda, Giselle, Julie, Cassie, Jamie, and mom) in charge needed another way to get me out to Aunt Jamie's. So either the day or two days before the shower, Jamie asked if I wanted to go see a movie with her and Katie on Saturday. I thought nothing of it since she said Nick was out of town and that I could get out of the house. Thought nothing of it, at the time. As the day went on, she said it would start at 4:20. I asked when she wanted me over to her house.... she wanted me there at 2...... Yeah......... I knew something was up. I talked with Nick about my suspicions and he said maybe we would eat lunch before we left (which was an idea they had, but didn't use. I could of believed that more...maybe.) So come Saturday mornings, Julie asked if I was doing anything in the afternoon...... Suspicions are growing now. So i talk with Nick as he's about to head out to San Francisco and he asked if I would be upset if the shower wasn't today. I would have been because I was ready to get the room ready with the previous gifts from the first shower. Lo and behold as I'm driving up to the house, I see all these familiar cars! I walk up and the window is open, and I see Jamie and Katie.

Me: Why, all these cars look so familiar!
Jamie: I don't know what you're talking about.
Me: Why would I need to be here two hours before a movie started?
Jamie: I don't know what you're talking about.
*Enter house*
Me: hmmm, I wonder what's going on?
Jamie: I don't know what you're talking about.

Then I saw my mom peek out from the kitchen and all these people are hiding in the kitchen and the hallway.
Julie watching out for me. 

Me walking in totally "surprised"!

Well... I wasn't expecting my aunts from IN to be there. I screamed and ran over to hug them. Then I started to cry. I don't see them much, and it was a joy for them to be there. The above picture is me hugging my mom. 
This is Karen, I've known here since I was born. My mom's best friend and like another Aunt to me. 

Very emotional. I laughed and said it was even harder because your dad has been gone for 5 days, and it's all coming out. 

L-R: Aunt Natallia, Theresa, Aunt Giselle, and Stephanie.

Julie!!

I was also surprised that Beth was there with Andrew! She was in a back room when I showed up, and came out after seeing my aunts. So this is us just chillin' downstairs. 

More goodies!

Your Great Aunt Vicky opening up her game gift. She was spot on in how big my belly was. 4 feet around. 

The next game was trying to figure out the wrapped gifts, and then I opened up each one. 



Mom won that game.


Then we smelled some dirty diapers. 

I thought it was Nutella, but it was chocolate frosting. 


Side profile of how big we are. 

Theresa and me!

The preggo's! We shall have a nice photo one day. 

Being gangsta!

I don't know why they were laughing so hard, but this is typical them. My mom and your Great Aunt Karen. 


BABY!

Second game involved being blind folded and feeding your partner. 
Mom and Aunt Karen. 

Aunt Giselle and Becky. 

Jamie and Katie. 

Julie and Myself. 

Well, Aunt Karen tried and failed. Then they both started laughing too hard to finish. 

They came in by a close second. 

Alas, we won!

Opening up goodies!







Beth and Andrew!

Grandma JJ and me!
Mommy and Me! Along with Andrew!

Somehow this picture did not want to be turned sideways. It was horizontal when I uploaded it. 

Uncle Ty and Aunt Jamie at the end of the night!

Thank you soooo much everyone for these amazing baby showers! It takes a lot to get started for a baby and you all helped us out so much. I know you can't wait to meet little baby Russell, and we can't either!







No comments:

Post a Comment